Tuesday 22 March 2016

Freshly made pina colada

Hello,

How is everyone? I just have to say the light in Lagos has been horrible, making it really hard for people to do a whole lot of things, we just hope Nigeria gets better. we can only hope.
       Now this recipe requires the use of a blender, which needs electricity, which we don't have. I just hope you guys find the time to try it out, maybe when you're done fuel hunting for your generators.
Lets start:
You'll need:
2 medium sized ripe pineapples
1 coconut
Water
Rum(Optional)



Chop up your pineapples and coconut, this makes for easier blending

         
 Toss both in the blender



Add about half a cup of water, then pulse for 5 seconds. do this up to 10 times.



 Add a little more water if you feel its too thick. pulse for about 5 more seconds.



 So I'm going to sieve one and serve it as a glass of juice and the other as a smoothie. I'm going to pass the former through a fine mesh sieve and squeeze all of the juice out of it.




silky smooth
smoothie
N.B: Most people add rum to their pina colada, you can add white or dark rum here or both even, as much as you'd like in it.
I preferred it as a silky smooth cocktail but my mum preferred the smoothie, if you'd like to leave it a smoothie, I suggest you finish it that day because coconut tends to taste soapy the day after. Not everyone might like to have it this way but I loved it.
I hope you guys find the time and the light to try out this recipe....Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment