Sunday 22 November 2015

Potato pottage...I think

Hello again,

   So, I was hungry today and after eating three bars of chocolate and realizing that i was still hungry, I decided to get off my bed to get something to eat. I found some sweet potatoes in the kitchen, I thought of frying them at first but I was feeling lazy to peel them. After staring at the potatoes for a while I suddenly remembered a lazy method my mum taught me a long time ago where I get to wash the potatoes, boil them before peeling them.
   The next thing on my list was what to eat it with, I thought about frying eggs or making a sauce then it hit me, why not just make a sauce and combine it with the potatoes just like asaro(yam pottage) but kinda funkified not just because I'm making use of potatoes but because of the steps involved.
First step: Get your dirty potatoes

wash and boil them with a little salt until soft and a knife can go through each one conveniently
Peel the skin off while running under hot water, then place aside Careful! its hot
Get your tomatoes, peppers and onions

wash, throw in a blender and pulse for a few seconds

until it looks like this

shred some fish, any type of fish will work here

Get a pan to heat some oil in, add your blended pepper, cook for about three minutes, season it then throw in your fish

Throw in your potatoes and break apart: this depends on the consistency you want, if you want it creamy or chunky. Personally I prefer to go with a 50:50 consistency ratio so i added a little water to give me a little mashy effect.

Mix it all together on low heat, you can taste here and re-season to your liking and that's it

Simple lunch i threw together this afternoon.

I hope you guys enjoy this post and try it out because today's trial was a success and it was very delicious too.

4 comments: