Saturday 19 December 2015

Almond meal

Hey everyone,

Its been a while since I last posted anything and its only because I have been crazy busy. I hope everyone is well? Anyways, this is just to share a simple procedure on how to make Almond meal because I am going to use it in my next blog post.



 Here's how I started, I bought these almonds from a supermarket for 500 naira each. Now we are going to get rid of the skin for finer almond meal (This process is called blanching)


To blanch your almonds, Pour some water in a pot, bring it to a boil then add in your almonds for about a minute or minute and half.

 Next you toss it into a sieve and run it under cold water, carefully peel the skin off almonds by holding one almond, the fat end in between you thumb and index finger, the with the pointy edge facing down, peel almonds.

Blanched almonds
Now to convert these blanched almonds to almond meal, dry them and throw them in the bowl of your food processor with the blade attachment fixed(A good blender would work fine too).


 Pulse for some minutes till they look like they do in the picture below, this took about 5 minutes , then I sieved it with a medium mesh sieve, returned the lumps back into the food processor and pulsed for a few more minutes. I repeated this process till I got my fine almond meal


Beautiful right?... yeah I thought so too
 Almonds can be gotten from pretty much any super market, feel free to try it out. Thanks for reading...Peace out guys
 

No comments:

Post a Comment